Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Morning

I woke up SO ready to take on the day.
...to re-alphabetize our DVDs and put them on their new shelf
...to wash all the laundry and get it put away
...to help the kids find homes for more of their toys
...to shop online for more storage things for the kitchen
...to have a great day of normal school. (we haven't had a school room for this entire school year, which started in May)

So far, at 9:45, it's had mixed results.

Laundry's going. The kids' games are up in Hudson's closet. I found things that I think should work for the kitchen.
But school...it's off to a very mixed start.
They rocked their math and phonics, but Jasmine decided poetry (something new and different!) was pure torture.
I read them Frost's "A Girl's Garden" and we talked about what the poem said. Then we listened to the Frostiana choir piece while they were supposed to draw a picture from something in that poem.
You would have thought I was asking her to kiss a tarantula.

(She did finally draw the picture, with much kicking and screaming and remininscing on my part on what she was like at 3. I forgot just how much more mellow she is most of the time now!)

Hey, don't you love the way the school room looks?? We went to IKEA yesterday and bought those two white shelves with bins. It's one of two rooms that are now box-free. What a huge step! I'll try to get more pictures soon :)


No comments: