Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Song, Part II

So I'm still struggling with what my favorite song is.
As a musician, I love music. Love all styles of music. So here's a list of my favorite song in each genre I can think of:

Oldies: Hm, something by the Beatles. That one's tough. Maybe Got to get you into my life
Country: The One by Gary Allan
Jazz: Isn't It Romantic
Big Band: Sing, Sing, Sing (with a swing)
Recent Hits: This Love by Maroon 5
"Josh's Music": Sleeping Awake by P.O.D.
Hymn: It Is Well With My Soul
Christmas Carol: In the Bleak Midwinter
Song by a Christian Artist: Jehovah by Amy Grant
Random Song: Cathedrals by Jump Little Children
U2 Song (yeah, they get their own category): Mysterious Ways

But I think my favorite song is probably "Trees of the Field." It's one that has always been a favorite, now as much as when I was 5. So that's what I'll end with:

You shall go out with joy
And be led forth with peace
The mountains and the hills will break forth before you
There'll be shouts of joy
And all the trees of the field
Will clap, will clap their hands.

And all the trees of the field will clap their hands
The trees of the field will clap their hands
The trees of the field will clap their hands
While you go out with joy.

No comments: