Friday, January 23, 2009

Who Needs Roller Coasters?

With all the insanity surrounding my camera problems, I feel like life has been a roller coaster. Add in pregnancy hormones, which are much more apparent this time around, and it's made for an interesting ride.

I don't remember how much I've written and am too lazy to go back and look. ;)

My camera had a quirk from the day I got it (I say "quirk" only because it resolved itself, not because it was easy to deal with at the time). If I used the Depth of Field Preview button (which I only used to see what it did, since my D40 didn't have one), the pictures were extremely dark after that. I reset everything, and a couple hours later the pictures worked again.

It happened again a month or so later, when I changed lenses (yes, I change them that infrequently!). And again right before Christmas, for no reason whatsoever.

Knowing we were headed to Disney World in the end of January, I decided it was time to get it in to the shop right after Christmas.

I got it back yesterday. Everything was covered under warranty, and I was esctatic.

Until I saw this morning that my warranty was only good for 3 months (because it's refurbished and not new)...and realized that meant it was expiring before our trip.
Being very curious by nature, I decided to try the Depth of Field Preview button once more, just to see if it really was fixed.

And was heartbroken to find out that it wasn't. Not only was it not fixed, it now wouldn't accept my rebooting.

I wrote to Nikon again this morning and said "HELP!!!" and told them about the warranty concerns and our vacation. I heard back when I got home from the chiropractor: it's still covered since they didn't fix it last time, and they can't promise anything, but they'll try to get it back to me before our trip.

So they have 6 days (two of those days being WEEKEND) to get it fixed and back to me. Otherwise, I'll have to use our point-and-shoot, which was a constant frustration last time I tried to use it. So I may put Josh in charge of photos for at least some of our trip, if my camera isn't back in time.

I could use your prayers in the situation...I feel silly asking that you pray about a camera, but God says that anything that concerns us is big enough to come to him about. Praying that they get it quickly, find the real problem and can fix it right away, and that it's back in my hands again by Thursday.

Edit: It seems to be working again for now. It's touchy, but I think it should do okay for the next 2 weeks, and then I'll send it in as soon as we get home. (I haven't gotten an email back from Nikon yet so can't send it until at least Monday. I don't think there's any way it would possibly make it back by Thursday!!!) So pray that it keeps doing okay and getting the pictures for now, and hopefully we'll have good pictures to show off in a few weeks :)

No comments: