Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nicknames

While I was away for the weekend, painting mom and dad's house to get it ready to go on the market, Josh had some fun conversations with the kids.
One of them was about nicknames.
But first, a back story.

When Jasmine was a baby, we called her Kewpie Doll. She still occasionally hears it. Hudson has started using it some of the time.
No Jazzy, or Jazz, though. The midwife tried "Jazzy Claire" the day she was born. Thankfully it didn't stick. It's kind of cute but I'm not a fan.

Of the name, I mean. I love jazz music.

Bekah got called Boo from about the time she could crawl. It went from Bekah-Boo to just Boo. But she's started requesting that we not call her Boo.
At least I thought she'd just started. Then I found this:
whoops.

Hudson has been Buddy almost since the day he was born. He occasionally calls himself Buddy.

So now back to our story.

Bekah said she wanted a nickname. Apparently "Bekah" isn't a nickname in her book. (oh, and "Rebekah" isn't allowed in her book. or Bekah Jenny. Just Bekah.)
So Jasmine suggested a couple things, like Bekah Jenny or Boo, all of which were quickly shot down. She said, "give me a minute. I want to think of one."
There was silence at the table.
Suddenly, Hudson suggested one: "Buddy?"

You can't argue with a boy willing to share his nickname with his sister!!

No comments: