Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vacation: the rest of the week

I don't think I'll ever get these pictures done if I keep chipping away at the rate I'm on.
So I'll just post the rest of the week now, with not nearly as many pictures as there could be. Maybe someday I'll show more of them. Maybe.

So, without further ado, here's the list of memories, mostly from the mouths of our very cute kids.

Monday
Jasmine's favorite part: holding the "red bird" (Macaw).
Bekah now likes to demonstrate having us hold her toy snake so she can take our pictures.

Tuesday
At the border crossing, coming home from a couple hours with my grandmother and two of her dear friends, the kids were asked if they had been out with Mommy and Daddy. They gave their deer-in-the-headlights stare. I whispered to them that they needed to answer the man when he asked them anything. So when he asked what we'd been doing for the afternoon, Hudson very quietly answered: "Grandma Kay!"


Bekah and Jasmine's favorite part of the rest of Tuesday was the musket demonstrator (not the demonstration itself, but the man who has so much fun doing the demonstrations) at Old Fort Niagara.


Wednesday
After Josh's flight in the morning, Jasmine asked:
did you enjoy your flight? 
was it good exercise?
why did you need headphones?
When Josh answered, she replied,"I think that makes sense."


After asking each of the kids for their favorite moments of the day (the county fair after Josh's flight), they replied:
My new magic wand (Jasmine)
The bouncing....no, the hamster wheel (Bekah)

ammals (translation: animals) (Hudson)
(when Josh heard that, he said, "you know all those animals were horses, right?" and Hudson answered, "Yes.")


Jasmine: I waved because I was saying 'hi' to everyone in Bethlehem.
(i.e. she was a Magi)

Bekah, to the horse named Boo: Hi, Boo. My name is Boo, too! 

Thursday
Bekah, at the playground, made friends with "little 'kids" (i.e. younger than her).

Saturday
After horseback riding lesson, Bekah said the following:
it would be fun to be a horse
but horses don't eat chicken nuggets
and chicken nuggets are my favorite food.
so I don't want to be a horse.


Hudson spent the evening hugging my sister's cat, and looking for her whenever she took a reprieve from his affections.

No comments: