Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Scraplifted!

I need to post the layouts I've done for the Amazing Digi Scrap Race, but I'll do that later. For now, I wanted to tell everyone my fun news!

I got a private message from someone on one of the forums where I post my layouts. She wanted permission to use this layout for the "scraplift challenge" for the month of August. (by the way, this layout also got Layout of the Day at TDC last fall, so I guess others like it too!)
What's a scraplift? It's a popular term in scrapbooking, not a bad thing in any way. People take a layout they like the look of and make it their own. They might make theirs totally different from the original, or it might be very similar. I've done some that you couldn't recognize the similarity, and others where it was very obvious where the inspiration came from. I love to scraplift because it's a great chance to try styles other than what I usually use.
Bekah's trying to eat the computer cord so I'd better end now.

No comments: