Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A layout and a first, and "guess what Rebekah's doing now" time

I made a layout yesterday afternoon from a picture we just took.

Katie, Amy and Vivian (my sisters) came over at lunchtime to take pictures of the girls. I kept wanting to go to Sears, but last time we went Jasmine spent most of the time in tears, so it didn't seem like the most enjoyable thing to do again. So instead, I asked Katie, who takes amazing pictures (and has a really good camera) if she would come take some. The girls came too, and we had a fantastic time. Especially considering it was during naptime, they stayed pretty happy and cooperative!

This is my last layout as part of Jenna Nelson's Creative Team. I had a fabulous time on her team, but with my new role at TDC, I didn't feel like I could do both. (I'm still on Tamra's team, but since she designs at TDC it seems workable still. That, and she just had a baby so she's taking some time off!) I have had so much fun on Jenna's team, watching her technique develop, and getting to use awesome, creative things I never would have imagined using on a page.

As to my "first," I made a template based on my Swim Gear layout, and have it online for this week's "sketch challenge." So if anyone reading this likes to use templates, feel free to snag it! I'd love to see if you use it!


Rebekah is crawling all over the place. She doesn't fall much anymore, unless it's because she's trying to crawl over a leg or a big toy. And she's discovered that she has wrists, which is adorable. She looks like she's trying to do the "royalty" wave (or Miss America? I'm not up on my waves) :) I'll try to get videos soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adorable layout! I got the cutest visual of Rebekah and her royal wave in my head.