Friday, July 20, 2007

Sweet Girls

Happy Friday! I'm so ready for the weekend, though the week hasn't been bad. Just long. I enjoyed having Josh around for the whole week, and it's made the time when he's at work seem a lot longer.

Rebekah is crawling now. It's slow and she still ends up on her tummy every few "steps," but she has the mechanics figured out. Give her a few days and she'll be following her sister around.

I might have mentioned that Jasmine and I have been learning some basic sign language. It's mostly worship signs, though I plan to do some "baby signs" with Rebekah that I'm sure Jasmine will pick up too ("nurse," "more," that kind of thing).

Last night as we were lying in bed, Jasmine started signing and saying "holy" and then singing, "Jesus, Love you," over and over and over. Josh was already asleep, but I heard it and just marveled. What a sweet, precious child God has blessed us with. She may stretch us more than is comfortable at times, but she has such a sweet heart, and she has given us so much more joy than I ever could have imagined.

And she adores her sister. The feeling is very mutual, too. If one of them is crying, the other one looks in her sister's eyes and grins. Jasmine says "happy? happy?" to Bekah, but Bekah just smiles at Jasmine, while their mommy melts!

No comments: