Sunday, November 02, 2008

How many kids...

...request bed? By name?
Bekah asked Josh "bed? please?"
Unfortunately, it was too early. I usually love when we get that extra hour of sleep, but this year I wish we didn't. The girls were already going to bed nice and early (i.e. between 7 and 8) and waking up between 5 and 7. I really didn't want to see their shining faces and hear "everybody, it's up!" at 4 in the morning!

A few little morsels from the girls:

Bekah has not only started echoing all the words we say, but she's putting words together now. She loves to say our names, so now it's not just "hi" and "bye," but "hi mama" and "bye dada." Oh, and let's not forget "thanks, mama!"
She can finally tell us what she wants, and "yes" is actually a discernable word (For awhile, "no" was clear but "yes" sounded like "uh" or something similarly unhelpful). She loves talking to her sister and pretending to talk on the phone. ("hello, papa. Oh! yup. bye-bye") and telling us she loves us "ah-vla."

and Jasmine says things that constantly crack us up. This morning I was looking in the mirror at my belly, and said, "is it getting bigger?" She said, "no, mine is! Do you want to pet my Humphrey?" and uncovered her tummy so I could pet him :) She wants to know where s/he will sleep and keeps offering to let the baby sleep with her in her bed! It's so sweet! I hope this love continues when the baby's actually here!!

No comments: