Monday, February 23, 2009

Feeling Crafty

We went out Friday night and got a bunch of yarn for me. I made a dishcloth (more to come, since every single one we have right now is completely falling apart) and then a poncho for each of the girls. I'm so excited...this was the first time I did anything anyone could actually wear!! Like my mom, I crochet pretty tightly, so they're both on the, er, small side, but they still look really cute and I'm pleased! If Jasmine starts actually wearing hers, I have enough yarn to make her a larger one...otherwise, I'm thinking of making tiny ones for their Bitty Babies (Jenny and Hannah) :)

Bekah:

Jasmine was being stubborn, so this is the best I could get:


And my friend Bev and her son Eddie put together a package of activities for the girls to create with. They are having so much fun!! I had to stop them from using everything today, and I'm hoping we can make craft time a normal part of our "routine" :)


And the girls just being really cute:
Bekah actually let me braid her hair again, and since it was still damp, it's holding its shape really well, for as soft and fine as it is!
I'm not sure of much cuter than a little girl with pigtails or braids!! Though I may feel differently in a month or two, when I meet Hudson :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those photos are wonderful charla! I especially love the one of both girls. it's to cute!

Anonymous said...

WOW Charla - good for you hun, they are gorgeous (poncho's and your girls)... I used to crochet alot and loved it :)

Posegates said...

Great ponchos! I'm impressed you did all that just since Friday night! Did you know I'm completely addicted to knitting now? If you think you might continue your new yarnie craft you should check out ravelry.com. My favorite place to lurk.

Ponytails and braids are pretty cute but wait till your little guy pushes a "button" on his chest and then flails his arms out to be his wings for the first time. :)