Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Zoo with the Marching Band

I told Jasmine this morning that we were going somewhere this afternoon, to a place where she'd see animals and marching bands. So when Josh came home for lunch and for us to head to the county fair, she told him we were going to the zoo and to see a marching band! Makes sense to me!
Right after we got there, we saw the band playing. Unfortunately the parade must be just a weekend thing, but it was fun to hear them play. The girls enjoyed it:



We headed back to the animals section, passing on the way the TONS of food vendors. I had already told Josh we'd make sure to get him some funnel cake, but when he saw "fried chocolate chip cookie dough" advertised, he decided to get that instead.

I passed, getting an ice cream instead. I can't handle that much fried food of any kind!

We got closer to the animals, but stopped at the "Backyard Circus." It was cute...but kind of sad. The ringleader chose children to pretend to be the different parts of the circus, and when he called for volunteers for the butterfly ballerinas, I was so sad for Jasmine that she couldn't be one of them.

In reality, she might have been too shy to do it, but she loves being a ballerina and it broke my heart not to even ask her if she wanted to join.

I saw a sign that, um, was a little funny to me:
(for people who don't know my feelings on this, the fact that we brought a stroller for Hudson but he spent a total of about 15 minutes in it before being transferred to my Moby, where he could snuggle me instead, should tell you why I didn't find the need to go here)

We finally found the animals. The girls loved petting the rabbits:
And I loved seeing the bunnies that looked more like, um, dust bunnies and cotton balls:

All-in-all, it was a very enjoyable afternoon!


I must not have gotten enough sunblock on one of my shoulders, but everyone else seems to be in good shape.

No comments: