Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthday Boy

I can hardly believe it's been a full year since Hudson was born. Remember my emotionally unstable pregnancy, with four weeks of labor threatening, and 4 trips to the hospital just to get labor to quit again (two of those trips after my water had started to break)...and then ending up needing to be induced because it just didn't want to really start??
I'm very glad to be on this side of it.

And now...
He walks. He's starting to get close to a run, or at least a trot. If I'm walking behind him, I don't have to slow down to risk trampling him (just have to make my strides smaller). He's got a handful of words ("nurse" being his new one: it's now "nana" instead of "mmmm"). He has a fantastic sense of humor. And he's showing signs of being very intelligent, and seeing things in a different way from his sisters.
And he loves us. Sure, there are times when I wish I could get a couple hours away from him, but I know the separation anxiety will soon be a thing of the past, and I don't want to wish away all the sweet parts about this time in his life.

So happy birthday, sweet Hudson Tyler! We are so incredibly blessed to have you in our lives!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Hudson!! I can't believe it's been a year.

Jacinda said...

I'm so glad to be this side of pregnancy too. LOL. Happy Birthday to your little man. He's so adorable Charla.