Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Thoughts

1. I wish it wasn't cloudy so I could make a wish on a star tonight.

2. I'd wish for the ability to write and be really funny. Like Josh.

3. I saw the coolest thing today: Early 1900s photographs in color. This article fascinated me. Especially the pictures of Turkey. Seeing Topkapi Palace when it was still used as a palace, not a museum?? Incredible.

4. But it made me wonder. There are so many pictures of people wearing clothes that we equate with their country (like the Dutch wearing wooden shoes). Did they still do that in 1900 for real? Or were they already starting to dress for the tourists??

5. (or do they still do that??)

6. I don't know why this is a list. I think I'm trying to be like Pioneer Woman. Is it working? Am I suddenly funny or at least more interesting??

7. We went to a garden store over the weekend. It finally answered a question I've always had: do peacocks show off their tails to get a mate, or to ward off enemies??
(answer: we should go back to the store in 4 weeks to see their babies).
(I was told by Josh's cousin that they do the show-off thing for both reasons, actually.)

8. I like lists.

9. I felt very old last night, when the cashier told me he was about to graduate from high school. I realized I've been out for 15 years now. He was 3 when I graduated. **passing out now**

No comments: