Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Voting Day (non-political)

Is this just a New York thing?
In state elections, we had to choose between the Republican, who's also on the liberal line, or the Democrat, who's also on the Conservative line.

I honestly can't figure out how that would make anyone happy, on either side of the aisle.

To celebrate our patriotism today:
  • all of us are wearing red, white, and blue (or at least a couple of those colors) 
  • we're having a mini election-day party tonight as a family (I'll be sitting at the computer watching the numbers roll in while we do something as a family, like play Wii Bowling
  • the girls and I made a button mosaic of the flag. It was a great use of the jars and jars of buttons from my family!

Happy Election Day!

3 comments:

Amy Turon said...

Personally, I vote for a person rather than a party.

Charla said...

I don't vote for a party specifically, but we do pay attention to which party endorsement(s) they have, especially when their voting records are sparse/nonexistent.

Josh Virkler said...

I'd love to hear how to vote for the person rather than the party when there are 49 people on the ballot (as there was for us this election). I suppose you have to have a higher level of commitment to the democratic process than I do. ;-)