Sunday, February 20, 2011

...someone want to tell me why I'm tired?

For those who don't live in the same part of the country I do, these may need a little explanation!
A house made in the style of a 19th-century house, but to kids' proportions. They pretend to churn butter, use a water pump to bring water into the kitchen sink, and use a cast-iron stove.

Hudson thought it was his job to clean up the place, so he was always putting things in the "door" (cupboard), the drawers and in the oven. It was very sweet.

Then over to the miniature Wegmans. Jasmine and I made a hat for her bakery job. (now that we're home, she's put on her white polo shirt and is carrying her toy tray of cookies around the house. TOO cute!)


And Bekah went shopping, checked herself out, and put the "food" back on the shelf a half-dozen times. I had to drag her into the "store" but she immediately figured out how much fun it was.

She liked to hit "override" on the prices.
Some of the registers (i.e. when they're working and the kids haven't messed it up) print out receipts for them, identical to the ones at the stores. It really does feel like you're shopping at Wegmans, just SHORT!

And on that miniature theme, I had fun with a couple more pictures last night.

I'm not convinced they look quite like true miniatures, but I think a lot has to do with having just the right picture to start with. I rarely take quite the right shot for the look, but now I will start trying for that type of shot!

No comments: