Thursday, May 03, 2012

New Ventures

I think it's pretty obvious that photography is a big part of my life.
(and if it's not, welcome to my blog! This must be your first time reading!!)

One huge part of photography is editing the pictures after the shoot. In Photoshop, it's possible to make "actions," which are a set of steps that you (or someone else) records and saves, and that simplify your life. You don't have to go through all the steps to get the finished result. They're a lot of fun.
And I've discovered that they're fun to make, too!
So with one click, I went from the picture on the left to the one on the right!! Awesome, huh?

You've likely also seen that I like to make collages of my pictures.
It's much easier to create these if the shapes are already set up. In the photography world they're called storyboards. I much prefer to grab them once they've been made already, instead of having to take the time to create it (and line things up) while I'm itching to show off new pictures.

So...I started putting them together to sell!!!

My friend Michelle, another administrator at TheDigiChick, where I've been an active member since Jasmine was a baby, had wanted to make fonts for ages and ages. So the two of us teamed up and created...

drumroll please....

Charm Box Studios!
(Charm is a combination of our names. But I'm careful of how I say that, worried I'll start getting called "Char" again. It's Charla. or Charlene if you're family and have known me too long to change now ;) )

We're guests at TDC for the month of May. I'm so excited that we get to do this, and can't wait to see if others like the actions and storyboards much as I do!!
Go check it out!!
http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Charm-Box-Studios/

And our Facebook fan page is here: https://www.facebook.com/CharmBoxStudios

No comments: