Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When we get to the market...

Hudson's a little confused.
He knows we're talking about "market." But since the only market he knows is the farmer's market, I think somehow selling this house and moving to Florida must involve a trip to the farmer's market.
Or something like that.

Last night he said, "when this house is at the market will we move to Flowida?" I said yes, and he asked, "and then I should put on my shoes?"
It's all about the priorities.

The house looks crazy right now. The living room is half-painted, half-just-primed. The dining room is primed. Most of the holes from pictures are now puttied, though Josh still has at least one more trip with the putty.
But there are boxes everywhere.

We're selling a ton of stuff on Craigslist, and I keep finding more. We're headed close to having made $400 in the past 6 weeks, which I'm happy about. I'm at least as happy that those are all things that don't need to be packed, moved (and paid for) and unpacked and re-housed. They're just gone, and they're things we won't even remember. (and since I'm deleting the pictures as we sell the items, there's nothing to remind us of them!)

We wanted neutral-but-not-boring. Unfortunately, the color on the left was a little too not-boring. So we went back to the store and got the color on the right. It's a gorgeous butterscotch, and I love the way it looks!
My attempt at Pottery Barn (just don't notice that the ceiling beam isn't finished, or the box in the corner of the picture. Thanks so much)

I've rested long enough. It's time to tackle something else again!

No comments: