Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Meadville

Last weekend, we made a day-trip to Meadville, PA, where my grandma grew up. It was a great test run for when we make the big trek to our new home, and just an overall amazing experience.
I met a woman who was one of my great-grandmother's foster children. She knew the Charlene who inspired Dad to give me this name. I think that's SO cool!! (Charlene was another of g-gma's foster children).
And I got pictures. Here's my favorite: the little red schoolhouse down the street from their house, where Grandma and her two sisters went to school.

We went to the farmers' market in Franklin, where my great-grandfather sold produce and flowers for years and years. We got a yummy lunch from there, and ate in the crisp fall air.

The kids enjoyed the day, we all enjoyed time on Sunday to relax and refresh before the week started, and it gave me confidence that the drive to our new home won't be such a huge ordeal.

No comments: