Monday, April 08, 2013

Sporadic Posting

I am such an inconsistent blogger.
But it's okay. I'm consistent in my inconsistency.
I'm also very inconsistent in how quickly I respond to emails.

Anyhow, rather than get frustrated with myself, I'll just do it when I feel like it!

For my birthday, I went to Gatorland with my friend Stacey.

Now, before you get all angry with me for going without my kids, lemme 'splain.
Gatorland has a Photographer's Pass. They let you in 2 hours before the park opens, so you can take pictures of the birds and the gators without the crowds. I knew the kids wouldn't do so well for a full 2 hours, and we only have one car, so Josh and the kids couldn't have just joined me later. So this was my opportunity to go enjoy the photo ops. We'll go as a family at some point down the line, but not to the early-morning part. (it was great, but I don't know if I'd want to do it again. I think I got enough pictures the first time!)
Anyways.
Here are most of my favorite pictures (I realized after I exported this that I missed one, but oh well):


 And the gators:

It was really, really fun. It was sprinkling in the morning but stopped when we got there, and the sun actually peeked out for a few minutes.

Then yesterday (Sunday), we went to the East Coast for the afternoon. We found a relatively quiet park and spent a few hours there. The kids chased (and then ran away from) waves, I took pictures, and we all got very, very sandy.

Have I said lately how much I love living here?? 
Probably not. I've tried not to make people sad, but I really am so happy and thankful to be here. I love the sunshine, the weather, the attitudes here (people are just happier, and it means they're also friendlier), the proximity to awesome places, the easier homeschooling laws, the utter lack of snow...


1 comment:

Amy Turon said...

Love your beautiful photos, Charlene! And I'm so delighted to hear that you could spend your birthday doing something you really enjoy - nurturing your soul. Yes, Florida is a wonderful place to live. We love it here. We have to pinch ourselves to remind us that we really do get the pleasure of living in paradise all the time.