Saturday, March 01, 2008

Memories

In a couple hours, my high school band director and his wife are coming over.

And I am soooo excited.

See, he's the reason I went to school for music. It was his passion, the influence he had on us, that made me realize that's what I wanted to do, too. (I'm not blaming him for the fact that I only taught two years; I'm sure I would have taught longer if I'd had a band in an established program etc etc etc) Every time I had to write a paper (or scrapbook page) about someone who impacted my life, I'd pull out yet more stories about "MC."

It's been fun reminiscing more this week, remembering fun stories about high school band. He worked us hard, and really turned the music program around. We started marching (I got my varsity letter in marching band!) We performed difficult music, and performed it well. And we learned a lot about discipline in life. 95% of my high school memories are band. And the other 5% are things I'd rather forget (why is it we only remember tests we didn't study for, classes that put us to sleep and missing the bus??)

I'm working right now on a layout about marching band, which I'll post here when it's done :) In the meantime, hope everyone's having a fantastic weekend!

No comments: