Thursday, October 16, 2008

Books and Cameras

I ended up going to Borders and getting the other three books in the series. I'm 2/3 of the way through the last one, and have already sold the other two (Amazon ROCKS!)! I didn't get back quite as much as I'd hoped, but it still helps lessen the sting of buying three books at once!

I also got a new camera. I sold my D40 on eBay (and thanks to Buy-It-Now, I didn't have to wait a week to see how much it would sell for) and bought a D70. It's used, but in fantastic shape. My favorite lens (50mm f/1.8 for any camera buffs reading) didn't have autofocus with the D40, so I lost at least as many shots as I got. The cameras ended up being almost an even exchange (almost), and now I have a larger pool of lenses to choose from. I'm hoping to get a good zoom lens next :)

Unfortunately I forgot to make sure it used the same memory card as the D40, so we ran to Best Buy for a new one. Then when I went to load the pictures on the computer, I saw that I didn't have a slot for a CF card! So back out last night, this time to Circuit City, for a reader. $55 later, I can take and load pictures. (thus the "almost" in the even exchange)

And how are the pictures? I haven't gotten any really artsy shots yet, but I got some sweet ones of the girls this morning. (word to the wise: turn OFF the TV before taking a picture when it's in the background. It saves a lot of work in post-processing!)



No comments: