Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A non-scrapping project: finished!

I learned how to crochet back when I was working at JoAnn's. I figured it would help me answer questions about yarn and hooks better if I had some clue what they were. I've made a handful of simple things (I have never taken the time to do the whole gauge-thing, so I only do things that don't matter in exact size, like afghans and potholders!) but it's a fun, calming project.

Well, calming before I had kids. The girls think the yarn is too cool to pass up, so Jasmine spent time pulling yarn out of the skein to "help" me. I think I'll put away my hooks again for a few years. Someday I can crochet again. And do jigsaw puzzles, too. Ahhh, what a lovely thought.

Anyways, I wanted to show off the finished product.


If anyone is curious about the pattern, it can be found here. I used three strands at the same time and a Q hook, which made it come together much more quickly. It also looks nothing at all like the pattern. I may try with the leftover scraps and a small hook, just to see if it's my crocheting or the fact that it's 3 strands (or is it both?) that changes the way it looks. But I Love it! It's heavy(in a good way; I do live in the Northeast!) and matches our living room well!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great finished project Charlene! It looks great, no matter if it looks like what the pattern said it should ;) I just picked up my first set of knitting needles and some yarn a few weeks ago and attempting to teach myself how to knit. Thanks to YouTube, I'm getting the hang of it. lol My first attempt is a scarf, I think it will end up being used for stuffed animals though. lol It's not that pretty.