Friday, December 10, 2010

Confessions

1. I don't like A Christmas Story.  Maybe if I was from that generation it would mean more to me. I don't know.

2. I get really stressed if I don't have my Christmas presents all bought by December 10th.

3. I can't figure out why I'm so stressed today.

4. I don't like Polar Express, either. Well, actually, just the part from after the fun Chocolate song and when they get to the North Pole. I like the rest of it.

5. I love chocolate, but very few of the cookies I consider to be "Christmas cookies" have chocolate in them.

6. My new least-favorite Christmas song (just because I don't listen to the radio so don't have to hear the 12 whines of Christmas or whatever that one is) is "Do you hear what I hear?", which is on my iTunes Christmas playlist three times, and one time it's "referenced" in another song. (I just hid them so I don't have to keep hearing it).

7. I have always disliked picardy thirds. Bach could get away with it because he went gradually into it, but all songwriters just throw the major chord onto the end of a song. To me, it's the musical equivalent of "and then he woke up."

8. I just hid every version of "What Child Is This" from my songlist (don't worry; I started with 8 versions of the song) that ends in a picardy third.

9. My favorite part of Christmas used to be Christmas breakfast. We're creating our own traditions now, so I don't have a favorite part now. I just love the whole Christmas Eve/Day as long as the snow stays off the roads.

10. When I was a teen, I came up with my own alternative words to "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" (which is on my playlist twice in the 10.6 hours of music, but I may hide them. I'm not sure) and "White Christmas" (two versions, neither are Bing). Neither made any reference to the white stuff that shows up here whether we want it or not.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I absolutely HATE A Christmas Story! Glad to know I'm not the only one ;)