Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Realizations

1. The Goodberry family just isn't normal, and that's all there is to it.
(Goodberry being the family I (Charla) grew up in)
Other families leave it as "Love, Joy, Peace." Not us. This is the annual display on the mantle.

2.  Kids can get completely overwhelmed with gift-opening. Especially 20-month-olds.

3. I'm wondering how long until I can find my floor and any table space again.

4. Cookbooks are fun. Especially Pioneer Woman's. I've already made one recipe...twice...YUMMMM!

5. This is my first Christmas since 2003 that I haven't been either pregnant or nursing (Hudson led the weaning process 1 1/2 weeks ago).
Side note: I averaged 24 months a child (in how long they nursed). I'm very excited!

6. It's time to get back to cleaning and finding a patch of floor...

7. After I upload our Christmas song on YouTube. Want to hear what the Salutation Carol sounds like? Click here!

2 comments:

kenny's mom said...

Honey, there is Nothing normal about the Goodberry family, that's all there is to it! Fun blog...

Amy Turon said...

Just LOVED your family Christmas carol! I am so glad that you posted it for all of us to enjoy. A cherished memory.