Friday, December 10, 2010

santa

Last week we met Santa. We had to talk to the girls about what they were supposed to do when they met him. When I told them he'd ask what they wanted for Christmas, they remembered that last year he'd given them a candy cane and a pencil, so they told me that's what they'd tell him.
So I tried to explain that he's asking what they'd like to get on Christmas day...something like a Leapster cartridge??
They thought that sounded like a good idea, but then they thought it meant they'd be walking home with their requested gifts.
So more discussion was needed.
We stood out in the cold and wind for about 20 minutes, plus another 15-20 inside the caboose where Santa sits. My camera didn't enjoy it any more than the kids did, and I'm having a little problem with it, though nothing horrendous.
But they enjoyed the visit!






When we were walking out, Bekah said, "that wasn't scary at all!"


...so I didn't take many pictures this week, because I was nervous I'd find out something was actually physically wrong with my camera. (the focal point won't move from the spot on the right, so I'm having a tough time setting up shots).
But I decided it was time to give it a try today, so after the kids had their bath, I got them all dressed up in matching clothes and set up my little 'studio.'





 

(I loved this last one. I asked the kids to go get their three dolls. The girls obliged, but Hudson decided to leave his Abby upstairs and instead bring in this noisy toy. I love the girls' body language in the shot!)

No comments: