Friday, December 28, 2012

final exam

The past six months, I've been learning a lot about patience, trust, and learning to be thankful when I don't want to be.
I felt like I'd actually passed the test in those lessons...only to be hit in the face with the final exam!

(Translation: the house is almost pending now. We've passed inspection, the assessor has come through, and we're just waiting on the deposit check to make that formal step. So now we're looking for our new house, and it's a stressful lesson all over again. Everything I've been learning, in a more intense morsel. Okay, I say I trust the Lord to provide. But all the houses we fall in love with go under contract before we get in there. I trust Him to work out the timing, but we need a place to live when we close on this one. We just got a foot of snow, and the realization that we could be trudging through snow when we load up the truck makes me twitch. Do I really trust God, or do I just think I trust Him?)

(photo taken on my iPod Touch)

I'm avoiding giving people links to houses we're looking at, or too much information about locations or hopes, because the houses we like are FLYING off the market. By the time someone reads what I've written it's already obsolete. So if you wonder why I'm not posting on Facebook very often, or responding to emails in a timely manner, that's why. You'll hear me shouting from the rooftops when we have everything ironed down, but until then I'm going to keep on the quiet side and continue to pray that I make it through this final exam so I can move on to a new stage of life :) 

No comments: