Friday, March 01, 2013

Having Patience

Have patience
Have patience
Don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient
You only start to worry
Remember
Remember 
That God is patient, too
And think of all the times when others have to wait for you!

I'm slowly learning to have more patience in myself. It's much harder than having patience in everyone else!

I was doing great keeping motivated in unboxing our life.

The school room was done very quickly. As was Hudson's room. I started on the kitchen, but had about 8 boxes that just couldn't get unpacked. This house has much less kitchen storage than our last house.

But at day 9 of our life here, I had a mini-meltdown.

This "wall" of boxes made the house seem small and crowded, and was a constant reminder of what I had left to work on.

So Saturday, Josh and I tackled this wall and it's now gone. What a huge relief.




But there are still plenty of other projects to tackle. The girls' room, for example. And the three additional boxes of papers, some vital and some that just need to be organized, sitting there, taunting me.

Not gonna worry about it today. (I'll just blog about it, instead!) Today I'm trying to get my stuff caught up for Charm Box Studios...a newsletter, hopefully, and my contribution for the next store collaboration.

So I'll leave you with my newest picture of the cutest pirate in the world, and get back to my mile-long to-do list, pausing occasionally to get the kids another snack and being okay with it.


2 comments:

Michelle Wrue said...

I feel your pain...I spent 5 hours trying to reclaim the 'office' (read that as "room in the basement that we cram all the stuff that doesn't have a home upstairs"...and I'm STILL not done. BUT, I have faith that both of us will get there...eventually :)

Charla said...

Yup, we will!! It's so hard to be patient with myself, but it really WILL get done :D