Saturday, May 09, 2009

Sharing my Passions (all Jasmine, all the time)

One of the inevitabilities of having two little girls with me 24/7 is that they pick up my idiosyncrasies. But it's kinda fun, too, since they take it their own direction.

I love baby toes. I love to kiss Hudson's feet. They're so soft and adorable. Apparently, I've said so often enough that Jasmine now comes and talks about his "tiny toes." She looks at the toes on her baby dolls to see if they have cute, tiny toes, too. Hey, there are worse addictions out there!
She likes to smell his head, too. I told her before Hudson was born that babies have sweet heads that are fun to smell. So she smells his head every chance she gets.

Non-baby related...if she sees a picture she likes, either one I took or one she took on her camera, she says "we should make a layout about that!" She wants to know every time I start scrapping if I'm going to put it in a book, or make a box out of it. She prefers when i do hybrid projects, because she can actually hold them, instead of having to come to the computer to see the finished page.

...Tomorrow Jasmine turns four. It's hard to believe I was in labor 4 years ago, getting ready to meet my first child. She's very excited about the day.
I love birthdays. I've always loved having a day set aside as "my" day. I didn't care if people did tons for me, but it was always nice having people remember/notice it. So I'm trying to do that for her. She keeps talking about being three, and I tell her that she's almost four. She likes that.
A funny side-note to the side-note: when I was three, we moved to our "house in the city," as I call it. I have a memory of jumping/running down the hallway upstairs, saying "I'm three!" Growing up, I figured I'd just dreamed it...after all, who says how old they are so excitedly?
I'll tell you who. Three-year olds. Half of Jasmine's sentences end in "because I'm three." Three is a serious age when you're suddenly aware of the fact that everyone has an age (and a weight, which is figured out by using a tape measure, usually of your thigh).
I can't wait to see what she's like as a four-year old! She's mellowed a lot over the past few months, though she's also gotten a bit bossier (what is it about oldest daughters and being bossy??) I can't wait to open the world to her as she starts to read (we've started doing lessons as she requests them). She's learning her sign language letters, too, so she loves to ask us "what's this letter" as she concocts bizarre shapes out of her hands.

Happy Birthday, Jasmine Claire!

No comments: