Friday, May 01, 2009

Old Friends

I've been on Facebook for awhile now, and I think one of my favorite aspects of it is the ability to get reacquainted with people I've lost touch with. I've found a couple people (or they found me; I don't remember now) and have discovered that we have a TON in common!
One of those people is Carole, a girl I grew up with but lost touch with for a long time. Our moms went to the same Bible Study when we were pre-school-aged. Now I find out we both have similar interests in parenting, "crunchiness" (meaning we try to use natural, organic products and very hands-on parenting styles), politics, and relationship to the Lord.
Of course, the down side of this re-discovery is the realization that just because "it's a small world after all," it isn't necessarily easy to meet up with people we connect with. She lives a couple hours from us...not completely unreasonable to hope to get together at some point, but not exactly an easy get-together!
So for now I'll do as I've been doing; enjoy my online friendships and pray that someday I do have a friend with similar interests (and maybe kids near the same ages?) that I can spend time with face-to-face.

In unrelated news, I finished a layout yesterday using pictures Bekah let me take yesterday morning. She was so completely adorable in her dress and with her hair up, and then when she started being a ballerina (or, as she says, "badewina") I wanted to gobble her up!
Have a wonderful weekend! I'm hoping we can hit some garage sales tomorrow. It's fun to get out as a family, and we do "need" some things for Hudson that I'd rather not pay full price for (an exersaucer, for one...we had two but got rid of them when Bekah outgrew them!) So a great excuse to enjoy the sunshine and spring weather!

No comments: