Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Mist on the Moors

Yesterday was our 6-year anniversary. It was lovely. Not perfect, but lovely. We dropped the girls off at my family's house, and my sweet, wonderful sister Amy watched them while we went (with Hudson) to Mario's Via Abruzzi.
Hudson has officially outgrown his welcome in our restaurant dinner-dates, so we will now start doing take-out on Wednesdays. Both Wednesday and last night, we ended up with me standing, holding him while Josh ate, and then Josh taking him outside while I finished eating on my own.
The waitress felt terrible, so she gave us a small bottle of champagne to have when we got home.
It was a delicious, lovely dinner, in spite of Hudson's contribution.
On the way home, we saw something very unusual: small "clouds" of mist on the flat patches of ground. I'm sure Dad (my meteorogolist-at-heart) could explain that it's something about the difference in temperature between the ground and the air, but we just thought it was too cool to pass up. So even though it meant Hudson cried the last half hour of the trip home, I'm glad we stopped so I could get a couple pictures:
And for my photography-minded friends, I have to brag for a second: I actually took this picture in Manual mode! I've been reading tons of tutorials and am working on growing more in my ability to understand the camera...I was so excited!

No comments: