Friday, February 05, 2010

Three Years Ago

Three years ago today, we had an appointment to walk through this house. But when my water broke in the middle of the night, 11 days before my due date, I knew the house would have to wait.
After 12 hours of trying unsuccessfully to get labor going, we headed to the hospital (at lunchtime). Mom met us and made me laugh and not notice the continually-increasing pitocin being pumped into my body. (she was good at it, too...I didn't feel the contractions that were very noticeable on the monitor!)
It wasn't until 9:00, when the nurse suggested that I change positions and try lying on my side, that things happened very quickly. Half an hour, from 6 cm to pushing...1 1/2 pushes later, she was born! The midwife almost didn't get gloves on in time to catch her!
I was now the mommy of the tiniest baby I'd ever held (7 pounds .7 ounces of pure delight).

and she's delighted us daily since. She's now learning how to read (her choice; I would have chosen to wait until closer to 4), drawing adorable pictures
and keeping us very entertained. She already seems to have Josh's ability to use the English language in an intelligent, entertaining way.
And we couldn't love her more if we tried. Happy birthday, Bekah Boo!!

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

Aw.....Happy Birthday Bekah!! You're lucky having such an easy labour with her.

ChloƩ said...

Awwww, happy birthday, Bekah!! Loved the birth story!!