Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What I've been up to

I don't think I've ever written about my big photography challenge. I know I've talked about the weekly challenge that I've won/placed in several times, but not the *big* one. Silly me!

I'm doing a photo challenge, run by the same woman,that lasts the whole year. Watch in August for details in how I'll be asking for voting help :D

Oh, and just a side note (because I love tangents), I talked to her on the phone yesterday. What a sweetie! We had a great time coming up with fun song title-related picture ideas :)

So here is the challenge I'm participating in. If you go to "2010 brag time," you can see a handful of my contributions. I've taken others, but those are the ones I'm most confident will show up in my final list of pictures. I'm excited about it and am having a great time! I just need to get back to the Falls so I can get some good water photos :D

Ugh. Ever have one of those days? You know, when you wake up and think "ooh! it's Friday" and then realize it's only Wednesday? I really should love Wednesdays because it's date night (which I am excited about, make no mistake) but I've always disliked it. I love Mondays. Love the fresh start. Love Fridays and the fact that it's the end of the week. Tuesdays and Thursdays don't have a definite feeling...depends on the weeks.
But Wednesdays are the winter of the week. 'nuf said.

And just a general family update, to make up for a lack of fresh pictures: Hudson no longer crawls anywhere. He walks, fast, anywhere he wants to go. Bekah and Jasmine are learning to read: Jasmine just finished lesson 34 of 100, and Bekah is almost finished with lesson 22 (we had to stop for lunch). I'm so proud of them both!

I might possibly be back again later with pictures. We'll see if the second cup of coffee kicks in enough that I can play with any in Photoshop. Otherwise it will be another day.

No comments: