Monday, October 04, 2010

A wonderful surprise

Mom called me on Thursday to see if we could go out there on Saturday. My brother Daniel and his wife and daughter were coming up (from Philadelphia), so we changed our plans so we could make that happen.

And then another surprise when we got there: Evan, my brother in Nashville, joined us too!

We went to Kelly's Fruit Farm, a place we used to go almost weekly after ballet class. Fresh (still warm!) donuts, a huge cider press we could watch them do, and just about everyone living in a 30-mile radius. Crowded, noisy, and so much fun.

I had a hard time convincing the kids that we didn't need a pumpkin; we're going to another farm in the next week or two.


I think Daniel had an even harder time convincing Elena. How do you tell a one-year-old that she can't have a pumpkin just because she kissed it??

 Hudson managed to convince her that it was okay.

All five grandkids were under one roof for awhile, but Jabin wasn't so sure he wanted anything other than his Mommy's arms (not that I could imagine having a child who thinks like that), so this was as close as we got to group shots. Sorry, Mom!

No comments: