Friday, October 29, 2010

Making No Promises

I refuse to say that I'm going to blog ____ days in a row. It never works. I just set myself up for disappointment (no idea if anyone else is disappointed by my quitting). But I figured that, since this blog was open in its own tab, and I've written the past two days, let's go for broke and write a third day this week!

Yay me!

So a Pioneer-Woman style list:

1. Josh and I have decided to finally put more emphasis on memorizing Scripture, and on getting the kids to memorize it too. They've already learned the 10 Commandments, the fruit of the Spirit, and the order that God created the world. But it's time to learn some verses as a family.

We're starting with Philippians 4:8:  "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Since I'm trying to use that as my marker for what we should and shouldn't allow in the house, it seems like a good thing for all of us to know the list backwards and forwards!

2. Speaking of that list, we've decided that, at least for the time being, we're not watching TV anymore. We still have a huge stash of movies (mostly family-friendly, plus a bunch we got pre-kids that we just don't pull out without our ClearPlay DVD player filtering out the inappropriate bits) but no more Office, or even Biggest Loser. They seem to be trying to encourage the "drama" I detest, instead of just focusing on helping these people get healthy and giving them their lives back.

3. I'm much wordier than Ree. I'm okay with that. I already knew I wasn't as witty, though Josh thinks I'm funny.

4. No wonder I adore him.

5. I hate drama.

6. So I sold the lens that was giving me far more drama than I could deal with.

7. I'm now eying a new one to replace it...

8. ....instead of buying a new camera body. My current one is getting old but still works.

9. No comments here about my age.

10. buh-bye




I'm no longer dealing with Tamron. Ever. I won't tell others to avoid them, but I won't be dealing with them anymore. I'll stick directly with Nikon (and Nikkor lenses, since it's the same company)

11. Guess who didn't realize when taking that picture that it meant Josh hadn't grabbed it on the way out the door?

12. Guess who's going to make a trip to the post office after dinner???

13. I'm sure you have no idea.

14. I've decided I like pumpkins. They're not easy to cut into, but they make delicious side-dishes.

15. For the super-easy recipe that made these delicious side-dishes, go here. Super-easy and YUM. Bekah and Hudson weren't convinced, but Jasmine approved.

16. I'm ready for the weekend. Should be a fun one. Any day with Josh home is a good day in my book!

No comments: