Sunday, September 18, 2011

Celtic Day

We knew today was supposed to be "picture-perfect," which is music to my ears! But what did we want to do??
Thank goodness for the internet! Not only did it bring me Josh, but only slightly less valuable, it told us where to go today!

We went to the Lake, where there was a huge Celtic Festival. What fun!
I love my Scottish heritage. I love Irish food, music, dancing. I knew this would be a good time!


We watched some Scottish dancing.

In the sword dance, it gets continually faster, while they are supposed to dance around, but not touch, the two swords. They did great! It was fun to watch.

Question: How can you pick out a father of girls?

Answer:


There was a Viking Storyteller. They unwisely placed his tent right near the Kids' Corner, so only kids and young families even noticed him, but most of his stories were *not* intended for kids. Vikings, after all, weren't exactly Rated G.
But he did have one cute story to tell them:

(loved the boots)


Bekah decided at the end that she wanted to get her face painted, and the other two followed suit. They were very proud:


Hudson's is a clover, but the black-and-white showed off his eyes so you'll just have to trust me ;)

It was so much fun! I can't wait for next year! More bagpipes! More dancing!!

No comments: