Saturday, October 08, 2011

Apples, Take 2

Today is absolutely gorgeous. The type that even I have to get outside to enjoy.

I went out and pulled the eggplants and remaining grape tomatoes from the garden. They've made it through the past few nights' frosts, but I don't want to chance it. So I'm planning fried green tomatoes.


We went to the Farmers' Market. Got a few things, including kohlrabi, something I'd never heard of but a lady told us what to do with it. So I'm giving it a try!
Bekah picked out the one we were going to buy (hoping it will help her actually try it):

Then we went to the farm to pick more apples. Last time we went, the Empires weren't ready yet, and since those are our favorites, we decided to make the trip back up.

Everyone else in the entire region decided on the same way to spend the afternoon. It was mobbed!! But we found a tree. One tree. And filled two bags with apples.

48 pounds of apples. I'd better start peeling!

No comments: