Thursday, February 16, 2006

Baseball!!!

Spring must be just around the corner!
I'll ignore the fact that this weekend is supposed to be the coldest of the season.
My Yankees pitchers and catchers are in Tampa, and they begin on Friday. Spring Training doesn't start for the rest of the players quite yet, but it's coming. I get to see my beloved team again!

You know? I think one of my favorite things about the Yankees is that the team is made up of such good guys. I know people talk all the time about "buying the best team" but I love what Joe Torre does at making sure there are no prima donnas playing. Gary Sheffield is often seen as a prima donna, but he's proven that he's quite a team player (and mom's favorite). I would love to meet any of them, as people, not just players in Pinstripes.

So what started out as mom telling me every time Jeter was up to bat ("Jeter's up and he's still single!") has now become my favorite pasttime (taking pictures of, and scrapbooking, Jasmine is more of an obsession than a pasttime). I love that I've gotten Josh into it much more too, so it really is a family event, not just me doing something and him following along :)

Two months 'til our game in Toronto!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think that Red Sox / Yankees at Fenway Park one of these summers is an order! Especially before our kids get big enough and we actually have to BUY them their own seats! Or maybe we could meet halfway and go to Cooperstown, instead?
One of the only things I miss about living in Connecticutt was that we could get the Red Sox, Yankees, Mets and Orioles on the radio. THAT was living!
My Grandmother LOVED Jeter - "He's half Irish, you know". As if that would help put us in his league!

Josh Virkler said...

Sounds like a great plan to me :-) I've always wanted to go to Cooperstown. And a Fenway Park game would be a blast, as long as you don't mind us wearing pinstripes.

Talk about a great test of our strong friendship :-)