Thursday, April 13, 2006

Maundy Thursday

Years ago, our family celebrated Maundy Thursday, talking about what all the symbolism meant as believers. It was so cool to see how Jesus fulfilled everything that they had been blindly doing for centuries before. I told Josh this morning that I'd like to do it when Jasmine's old enough to get something out of it.

Can I tell you how much I love our apartment? It's so wonderful! We put up the bookshelves last night, so a whole bunch of boxes are now empty. We took the time to sort our books a little better too, so we can actually find what we're looking for. And the "wall" of boxes and bins is now about 8 or 9 (down from 15 or 16) and those are mostly decorations, so those will start disappearing soon. But the next thing is for Josh to fix the video cabinet so we can put all our videos and DVDs out. That's another 4-5 boxes right there!
I've always love the feeling of "finished," so every empty box is a mini-thrill. But the feeling when I've emptied the last box is going to be awesome!

I've had a bit of sinus pressure the last few days, which isn't fun. I took some medicine for it that "may make you drowsy" but did okay. So, in a moment of insanity, yesterday I took Advil Sinus Nighttime (or something like that) because the other hadn't made me too sleepy. I felt like a zombie. I really felt like I was completely jetlagged. It was horrible! I was so excited when it started to wear off (at around 8). I'm doing a bit better today, but still not perfect.

And that's life from my world this morning :)

No comments: