Thursday, December 21, 2006

Add-on #2 and a little more babbling

I was thinking it would be interesting to set up a poll and find out what my "audience" is. To the best of my knowledge, it's a handful of family and some scrappers, so I try hard to balance the two. That, and it's nice to talk about whatever's on my mind, which at this point is Christmas!

So I thought I'd describe my favorite part of Christmas every year. Not the presents, not the Candlelight service on Christmas Eve at church (though that's right up there, especially when we sing lotsa carols)...it's Christmas Breakfast. This year Josh, Jasmine and I will begin celebrating Christmas morning together, so we're figuring out what to bring from each of our favorite memories to make it our own.

Our family's Christmases have evolved, as I'm sure most people's have. Christmas breakfast has gotten more and more enormous, and more and more the center part of the day, though the presents are still a lot of fun ;)

After we open both our stockings and all the presents (and the coffee-drinkers enjoy their first cuppa joe), we head into the crowded dining room. Mom puts out the Christmas china (Pfaltzgraff Winterberry...what could be more appropriate for the Goodberry family??) and puts a Christmas Cracker on each plate. We all open our crackers, read the dumb jokes out loud and everyone laughs like it's the funniest thing we've ever heard, and then everyone stumbles over the French/Spanish/whatever other language jokes they put in there too. We then start passing around the Christmas spread: oranges, homemade sticky buns, swiss cheese/cheese logs/beefstick on crackers, eggnog, orange juice, milk and more coffee. YUMMM! It fills us up until dinner (well, I'm sure the Christmas cookies don't have anything to do with that!!) :)

Oh, and here's today's link :) Be sure to leave me a comment, please!! It encourages me to keep making freebies, so if you like 'em, tell me so!

And feel free to sign up for Feedblitz (link on the side)...that way you're sure to know about any freebies, and about any kits I'm making and putting in the store too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing about your traditions. I'm a scrapper who found your blog... somewhere. Who knows? Thanks for the link!

Paula May said...

What a nice blog! That breakfast sounds really delicious! We always have a nice breakfast on Christmas day as well!