Thursday, April 12, 2007

Jasmine-isms

She can now count from 1-10, not missing anything (she used to start at 3, skip 5, and stop at 9, so this is an improvement!) And she's now working on the "teens," so I'm hearing "onteen, onteen, onteen, onteen, onteen..." She's not sure exactly how they work, but what toddler does?

and last night while she was falling asleep, she was naming as many letters as she knew...I was 95% asleep but Josh said she got about half of it! So I guess she's learning something by watching my old Sesame Street DVDs!!

I bought a pair of white dressy sandals last night (of course it's 46 whole degrees right now, and still only April, so I'll hold off on wearing them for a few more weeks). Jasmine thinks they're so pretty! She carried them around the house all evening, saying "pwetty! pwetty!" and wanting to wear them.

I hate when the Yankees play on the west coast. It was hard enough with 8:05 starts the past two nights; I went to bed when we were ahead last night, so a 5-1 loss was pretty sad to hear! And tomorrow's doesn't even start until 10, so I won't see any of it. We only have a few more weeks of cable anyhow (it's included in our rent here, so it's one of those things we won't be continuing with in the new house), so I'd like to see as many games as I can so I can picture the players when we're listening to John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman the rest of the season.

Edited to add: This little girl knows some of her letters by sight! She's right about 75% of the time for C, H and h, and 100% of the time gets M right!! I think she's going to be an early reader :)

No comments: