Monday, April 02, 2007

Huge announcement

I'm wearing my Yankees jersey, and the first game starts in just over 3 hours. I'm so excited!! I've missed it. Spring training helped, but most of the games weren't on TV and I knew they didn't "count" in the same way, so it didn't feel the same. But today the game really starts :)

So, without further ado, I have 5 winners of my little baseball kit. Alice (who chose the player my mom thinks is most like Josh temperamentally, so he's my favorite fielder), Brandi (who chose the player who got me liking the Yankees in the first place), Stacey (who chose my favorite pitcher. I have a bobblehead of him wearing his minor-league uniform, since the Orioles' farm team used to be Rochester), Ebie (Cairo is great!), and Pam, even though our teams are huge rivals (I really like Damon. What a great guy!) Watch your emails for a link :)

And...a "sad" announcement. I put sad in quotes because I'm really not sad about it. I think it's time, at least for now, to give up designing. It's giving me more stress than joy, and since I've made a total of one sale since I put things in my own store, it doesn't exactly motivate me to keep going. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing it for the money. To me, only selling one means my name isn't getting out there, or I'm not producing something different enough from what's out there, for people to choose to buy it. So I'm having a retirement sale. Kits are a buck each, word art kits are .75, and you can get all my kits together for $5. They'll be available for 2 weeks (sale ends 4/16 and all kits will be gone then) so buy them while you can!! (Go here to see/buy them)

I may still make occasional freebies, but I don't guarantee anything that way. I'll leave my freebies up for awhile...I'll announce it if I decide to pull them, but there's really no reason for that.

Okay; I'd better go update the PayPal buttons. If you see them as being full-price after 12 est today, leave a comment so I make sure I have them all updated appropriately :)

3 comments:

Chelle Belle said...

Awww, Charlene...do your prefer to sell on your own? As you know I just started selling in a store and I had to find stores, email the owners and see if they were needing or wanting any new designers. After a few rejections I found a great place. Have you done that? If you are still interested PM me at the digichick (micmau) and I will tell you who I contacted so you can do the same thing if you are interested.
~ Michelle

Pam said...

I'm sorry to hear you are giving up designing. I think my problem is that I always go to the same stores and forget about the 'others'. I actually need to get out of my box!

Thanks so much for the freebie! I'm wearing my pink jersey today and can't wait for 4:00pm when the game starts!!!

Nathalie, eNKay Design said...

Aaaww Charlene, I'm sad hearing that you wann give up designing :-( But if it is, what you really want, it's the way it goes and it is good. Wish you all the best, hugs, Nathalie