Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Jasmine Translation, and learning before I make a mistake

If Jasmine tells you "Snow White is on toolbox," it means "snow is on my sandbox!"

:)

And I really wish you could be here to hear her sing along with "Feliz Navidad." It is too precious!

I made this layout last week for a couple challenges. (click to see credits)
I love to come up with ways to put multiple challenges together, and this was one of those. I was supposed to make a layout about what I "really wanted" for Christmas, using a picture of it, and in another challenge, I was supposed to have at least two words in the title, both (/all) starting with the same letter, using alphas from TheDigiChick, and containing journaling. This is what I came up with!

Now the letter is completely true. Mom and I were out shopping for Josh's Christmas presents, and there were two Schnoodle puppies there, just waiting to be bought. (I refuse to call it an adoption, even when I am in love with them) Josh and I had talked about Schnoodles being the perfect dog for us, intelligent, non-barky, medium-sized, non-shedding and cute. So here was my opportunity!

Of course, long ago I said I wanted to wait until the girls were both potty-trained before I tackled housebreaking a dog. And Josh has recently decided that dogs are more work than they're worth, and we decided to put off getting one indefinitely.

But then I saw him. He was the perfect temperament, really, really cute, and available. So I weakened. Thankfully, Josh was at work and didn't see him, so he was able to stay strong.

Fast-forward a couple days.

Jasmine's still potty-training. And it's not going very well. She just isn't interested. We have the occasional success, but they are few and far between.
And Bekah is at that "I have to see mommy in the same room at all times" stage that seems to come along with walking. Which means I hear a lot of screaming when I go upstairs to collect the dirty clothes., change the laundry, or *gasp* take a shower.

And I thought a dog would be a good idea?!?! Are you kidding?? Sure, he's cute. but add his training in, as well as the cost, and giving him any attention at all...not gonna happen.

So it's good that Josh was so strong!

No comments: