Monday, January 14, 2008

Recipes?

Tomorrow, I'll try to write out a recipe I made today. Yummm!

Make sure you check out my photo blog; lots of cute pictures there (while you're at it, you could join my two other readers and get it sent to your inbox!) (how's that for a shameless plug?)

So I'm making it a challenge to see if we can skip out of going to Wegmans this week (that's the supermarket, for any non-Western NY-ers who read this). We may need to pick up some milk, but I'd love to make it a whole week on what we have. Here's a rough list of the foods in our fridge and pantry. I've already gotten a couple fun ideas from friends, but I'd love to see what else we could do with what we've got!

Fridge/fresh:
lots of minced garlic
some parmesan
cream cheese
butter
other cheeses: sharp cheddar, some mozzarella/provolone, and shredded cojack
6 eggs
2 cups of beans, soaking at the moment
hot dogs
milk
bread
yeast
basil
1 onion
apples
oranges (which really need to be eaten!)
muffins (this is the recipe I'll try to write out tomorrow)
honey-mustard, plus the normal condiments


Pantry:
orzo
lasagna noodles
oats
normal baking supplies (cornmeal, flour, sugar...)
mac-n-cheese
canned soup (lentil and minestrone, no cream of ______ because Josh can't have those)

Freezer:
whole-wheat tortillas
frozen veggies (spinach, broccoli, a little bit of mixed veggies)

So...what can we make? Can we go the week without a trip out?

No comments: