Sunday, April 06, 2008

Movie Lines

One of my closest friends had a fun blog post that I decided to join in on!

Here are the rules:
- Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
- Post them here for everyone to guess (if you know them all, please don’t guess every one).
- Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- No Googling or IMDb-ing.

1. "I am Hugh." "You are me?" "No, I am Hugh!" "Stop saying that. Make him stop saying that." What's Up, Doc?, guessed by Mom V.

2. "Someday, your uncle, King Richard, will have an outlaw for an inlaw!" Robin Hood, guessed by Stacy

3. "Short people have long faces, and long people have short faces. Big people have little humor, and little people have no humor at all." Singing in the Rain, guessed by Alice

4. "You don't want to be in love, you want to be in love in a movie." Sleepless in Seattle, guessed by Olya

5. "I shall go down in history as the man who opened a door." Everafter, guessed by Sarah P (said by Da Vinci)

6. "I've had directors who were geniuses and some of them were bas***** but I've never had one who was so totally and absolutely, I don't know." Noises Off, guessed by Mom V.

7. "$45 for a blue spruce and they don't deliver? You spend $10 at Mr. Wong's and they bring it to your door!" While You Were Sleeping, guessed by Alice

8. "I give you my word as a Spaniard." "No good. I've known too many Spaniards." Princess Bride, guessed by Charity

9. "Yesterday you said I was the flower that fell into the stream, but the branch was blocking my path. I didn't know what that meant, but are you taking that back??" America's Sweethearts, guessed by Charity

10. "She turned me into a newt!...I got better."

(edited to add the guessed movies and who guessed them. I really didn't expect #10 to be the last one guessed! I guess it's a more obscure part of the movie than I thought!)

4 comments:

Stacy said...

The only one I know is #2. It comes from Robin Hood.

Alice said...

#3 is Singing in the Rain, and #7 is While You Were Sleeping. Those are the only ones I know.

Anonymous said...

#4 sounds like Sleepless in Seattle

Posegates said...

#5 is from one of my FAVORITES...Ever After.

It's DaVinci talking to Cinderella's fellow servants.

I so wish I had seen this sooner cuz I would have gotten a bunch. Unlike my SIL's whose I didn't know any of.

I have 2 or 3 favorite movies that I never tire of watching over and over...more if we are getting cable that includes TNT. Ever After and Who's Got Mail we own and I've watched countless times.