Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Follow-Through

I realized something yesterday.

One of my big weaknesses/lazinesses is following through.

I love to see things "finished." I love the feeling of having it done. But there are things that go along with finishing things, that I'd rather not bother with.

Laundry: I don't mind collecting it, washing and drying it, and folding and sorting it. But I hate bringing up the baskets and putting the clean clothes away. Because the "important" stuff is done!

Cooking: I enjoy cooking. Trying new recipes. But I detest having to wash up after it!

I enjoy weeding in my little garden. But usually I just leave the weeds/grass in piles next to the garden, instead of putting them in the mulch pile.

When I was in school, I'd have an assignment to write a story using 20 vocabulary words. I'd write an elaborate story, get all 20 words in, and suddenly "and they lived happily ever after" or some other, equally sudden ending.

Josh says I should journal about it (pray about it and ask for God's insight into why and what I should do about it). But that, too, is a matter of following through...isn't it enough that I figured out this little quirk about myself? ;)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. It happens to me all the time, which is why DH always has to make snide comments about the amount of unfinished stuff around the house.