Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Invisibility Cloak

I know, it sounds like a good thing, doesn't it?

Our car has one. Some days we'll be out driving and it really feels like no one can see us. So I'll "push the button" to make us visible again (if you want to know where yours is, it should be next to the dashboard clock).

Last night Josh and I went to see 27 Dresses at a theatre that officially opens tomorrow, but for these three days they're having "older" movies for $2 a ticket, and popcorn and pop for $1 each. So for $6 we saw a movie and got popcorn and Coke!

The movie was cute. It had some great lines.

But I related to Jane too much to truly enjoy it.

I'm an ISFJ personality, and one site I read said this:

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.)
So I guess I'm not the only one to get overlooked!

I have yet to find the "invisibility button" on me to make sure I turn it off once in awhile. I think this is why I did the "Hug A Redhead Day" and do the occasional "All About Me" page...I need to remind myself that other people really do see me once in awhile!

No comments: