Monday, March 16, 2009

Still here

...nothing much new to report. Hudson's still in the right place, and needs to be there for another week. Then I can pack, clean the bathroom, vacuum the living room, and if it brings on labor, I'll be ready (and excited)!!
It's a very strange place to be in, mentally. Because of the nearly-constant Braxton-Hicks, I'm constantly thinking about Hudson, labor, driving to the hospital...and trying not to wish it would just happen so I could stop wondering how it was going to go (after a super-easy labor with Jasmine and a quick-and-easy delivery with Bekah, so this time I'm praying for the best of both worlds!) But I know that there is no better place for him than where he is right now, so I'm praying hard that he stays put until next Tuesday.
The midwife told me to put blinders on. For the most part, I'm doing well with that. Well, until Jasmine tells me "Bekah's playing with the toilet and it's spilling" (my recurring nightmare, actually, so I had emotions from growing up fearing it on top of the "yuck" of dealing with it!)...but really, most of the time, I've been able to just relax and keep my feet up, knowing that sitting still is the very best thing I can do for him. The girls are enjoying the times when I read to them, and family is really stepping up and helping out in many ways.

So keep praying he holds off for one more week, and then we can meet him safely!!

No comments: