Sunday, July 26, 2009

First non-Virkler gig!

Yesterday was the first time I did a photo shoot for people I didn't give birth to! My brother Phillip and his beautiful fiancee Elizabeth sweetly asked me to do engagement shots for them. I was nervous, but so excited. We went over to Roberts Wesleyan (where they met), which was an awesome place to get a variety of backgrounds. I think I'll take Vivian there for her senior pictures next month!

here are a few of my favorite pictures from yesterday. Thanks, Phillip, for letting me share these!!






I keep having people suggest that this could be a new direction for me to take. I think it's so sweet, but a huge thought at the same time. I'm always looking at pictures taken by people like Jenna, wishing I could get shots like her. She has such an incredible eye! But I was so invigorated after yesterday, and I had a blast editing them this morning and giving them even more life...I think the test will be the next couple shoots I do. If they continue to bring me joy and not stress, then I might start trying a little more to do it!
I tend to jump ahead of myself ("oh! I should make business cards!") but I'm trying hard not to do that this time. Especially because it would involve a lot more equipment than I currently have...
So we'll see. But for now, I'm having a blast and loving how they're coming out!

No comments: