Thursday, July 16, 2009

Randonmess

I'm re-syncing my iPod shuffle at the moment, which means I'm looking through all the songs presently on it. I realized something very amusing: I think I'm the only person in the world who actually likes every song on it.

care to prove me wrong?

First off, there's a bunch of TobyMac. For anyone not familiar with him (or DC Talk, the band he started with in the 90s), he's an incredible hiphop artist. Yeah, me. I still dislike rap, but I love Toby. I don't get it either.
For everyone who is fine with him, how many of you like Oldies? Beatles, Mamas and the Papas, one song from Peter, Paul and Mary (I Love Rock n Roll Music), and some Fifth Dimension and Blood, Sweat and Tears. I was born 20 years too late.
And then Thousand Foot Krutch and Kutless. Both are pretty hard-rock bands. I've heard both in concert...went home deaf, but great concerts!

Anyone left? How about two country songs?
And then a French song (Je Suis Mal)
Wow, I still have someone? Do you like Turkish music? There's a fair share of Sertab, Tarkan and one Mustafa Sandal.
And if I still had someone with me, how about a Kurdish song? Just one, because it's hard to handle the way he uses his voice. But the song makes me smile :)

And this is just my upbeat mix. My "everything" mix has even more randomness on it...Selah hymns, classical pieces...you name it, it's probably represented!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ah...Julien LeClerc!
One of my favorites!
We found a CD of his in Quebec a few years ago.
Love it!
Jim listens to some great Pakistani and Indian stuff - he mixed it with Jeff Buckley and Elvis and it's GREAT!
Funny how the strangest mixes are the best!

Sharyn said...

I actually enjoy a lot of what you have on their. I have TMac too. My sons likes him and I wanted to stay hip so asked for it on my Ipod - Imagine my (and his) surprise when I liked it.
It would be cool to hear some of your other ethnic music. We get plenty of it here!