Friday, July 31, 2009

Photography, revisited

I joined a group on Facebook with a weekly challenge. People have 3 days to post their pictures, and then others have 4 days to vote on them. The winners are collected in a "hall of fame" group, and all the first-place winners will be in a collection as well.

Last week's challenge was 'food.' I decided to give it a try, posting a couple pictures from last summer's stay-cation. (ha! I just realized, we did those before they were cool!)


I hoped for a vote. I thought that would be enough encouragement to keep me trying in the future.
I got that vote! about 10 minutes after voting started!!!
(now, at that point I thought you could only vote on one picture in a week, which I found out was later. You can only vote once on any given picture, and the person who posted the picture can't vote on their own shot)
Then I got more votes.

By last night, when voting ended, Jasmine's picture had 11. Bekah's had 10. The picture with the next-most votes had...9!

I won!!! You can see it here. You can see all the pictures that won past weeks for the past few weeks (they just finished the last year's worth of contests).

Talk about encouragement! Between that, and having a friend from high school ask if I'd be interested in doing pictures of her family, I think God's clearly showing me what my new project is!

So I decided to contribute again in the new one. I have no idea what kind of contest it will be...so far there are gorgeous pictures being posted, but I'm excited that I feel good enough about what I'm able to do that I'm willing to participate in a challenge like this.

This week's challenge is "wings." I put in these pictures:


I'll try hard to remember to fill you in on what happens next Friday! :)

(and I want to print the ice cream one and take it to Anderson's, where I got the picture. I thought they might enjoy it too!)

1 comment:

Amy Turon said...

Congratulations on your "ice cream" photo win! I love your photos Charlene. You have great talent as a photographer.